UPCOMING CHALLENGE:

1. Macarons...Part II Photobucket [on hold]

2. Caramel. :P

3. Cooking on a budget: £30 a week

Search This Blog

August 11, 2013

Summer Goodness

With a shiny stainless steel grill and two sets of patio furniture (both recent purchases), it was time to put our finished deck to full use. I decided to invite several dear friends over for a summer BBQ potluck! On the menu: beef bugers, portobello burgers (these were de-LI-cious - I may or may not have had two), honey-glazed Chinese fishballs, porkballs, octoballs, May's Salad of the Week (yes, that's what I'm calling it), fresh seasonal corn-on-the-cob, my kedgeree fishcakes (tilapia & salmon chunks, rice, parsley, etc...), chicken wings, butter cookies, kale crisps, Ms.Vickies, dried mangoes, veggie sticks...I hope I haven't forgotten anything. Then we finished the meal off with a summer classic: s'mores. Of course, there was plenty of ciders, ales, fruity beers and bottles of white wine going around. 

I'd say my plan to gain weight is going quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment