UPCOMING CHALLENGE:

1. Macarons...Part II Photobucket [on hold]

2. Caramel. :P

3. Cooking on a budget: £30 a week

Search This Blog

February 8, 2010

Quick Update!

Here is what's been happening in my kitchen the past couple of days!


Friday night (really late - I was up until 2am)
I randomly had the urge to make a lemon meringue pie! Which I did and failed. I was so tired and couldn't admit it and totally forgot to bake the pie crust (I know right?!) before pouring the fillings in. So the pie (which was squared, because well, I still need to buy a new pie pan), looked beautiful but tasted nasty. Completely undercooked. UGH.


Saturday
Meg came over again for another cooking escapade. She made sugar cookies and I made my first successful batch of super-awesome-baked goods a.k.a. Blondieeees! Phew. I've made Blondies a gazillion times before but it's just never the way I want them. Finally...FINALLY I tell you. Since they were so good (would have been better if I had some ice-cream...May?) the entire batch of 9x9 square was gone before I even had a change to snap some pics. Not that I wasn't a possible culprit. Going to make another batch some time before the weekend!


Sunday
I bought a $300+ new toy yesterday: a KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I have yet to test it out but it does look very pretty sitting on my kitchen counter. Then, I attended the free cooking class at William-Sonoma which was really disappointing. It was more like a demo. We didn't even get to touch any food. I guess that's why it was free. The two ladies just kept trying to sell us the W-S products! When I got home, I made little lemon tarts for the office. I gotta work on the pastry tarts...not flaky enough.


Tonight
I just made a quick, comfort meal: home fries. We ate so much of this in Rome I could make it with my eyes closed. I added some spring onions and leftover bits of Chinese BBQ pork I found in the fridge. It tasted pretty good to me.

1 comment:

  1. oh yes vanilla ice-cream with blondies sound perfect! you still gotta make cookie doughs for some cookie dough ice-cream deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete